Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Genre Of My Book

Arthur Ashe : Breaking The Color Barrier in Tennis By David K. Wright 71-122

The genre of my book is sports memoir. I dont really read that many memoirs because used to feel that its a little cheesy to read someones else's life that was or is more sucessful than myself. I am beginnig to to like this kind of genre though because these books just go on to talk about the struggle that these people went through to get where they are or where they were. You find out what actually went wrong in their career and ended it from their own mouth. You can find out about where they came from and how they made an impact in government. My Book did help break the mold of me not liking sports memoir by giving me vital information that I haven't had a clue about. For instance, Arthur Ashe was infected with AIDS, and I didn't know until I read his book. So not just sports, but memoirs of any kind can change the way you think of that person for life. There is nothing better than getting the correct information from that person.

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

Mike, I don't have an assessment from you so this is the response I'm grading out of 100, as it is your most recent. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. This is a decent response as it is focused on one specific topic, although the formatting is a bit off.

88