Monday, April 28, 2008

why do athletes choose legal actions that jeopardize their careers:research 1

Once I began to look for research, I went to a website that was provided by Mr. Malley. As I began reading the information, I realized that every sport and every team had a teammate that did something to mess up their career and just screws up everything for themselves. Anyway, I went to Infotrac and got plenty of hits for information (Winnipeg Free Press), I came across this one article that started off talking about Tony Dungy. It was saying that after the superbowl, Tony Dungy had a problem with a couple of his players that were convicted with drunk driving charges. The Superbowl? Come on now, these guys are insane. I mean, why go do something so stupid that it would spoil such a celebration.

It continues to say that the directors of the NFL says that " three strikes and you're out, three convitions and they are banned or suspended from the league for life. Harsh, I think so. But it seems though, that they are doing all that they can to keep players on track. I don't think that anyone has been suspended forever. Wait a minute, Ricky Williams Has been kicked out the league about four or five times for doing drugs and he's coming back this year. I don't know, I guess its not as big as many other things that other athletes do.

"Players push for discipline; Would tough stand curb legal woes?(Sports)." Winnipeg Free Press (Feb 28, 2007): c9. Custom Newspapers.. Gale. McKinley High School. 30 Apr. 2008

2 comments:

ChanWillTheyWont said...

I think so many athletes "mess up" their careers because they're human. Everone makes mistakes i feel its what u surround yourself with that is key in staying away from negitivity

Anonymous said...

many atheletes mess up their career because of their friends before becoming famous. they allow these people to continually persuade them into doin something. and they dont want to say No because of their very good friendship.